Before we begin, here are five things you should know about me:
- Take me anywhere I haven’t been and I will buy you a pint.
- I LOVE being alone, perhaps more than the average person. Exploring solo is where I find the most beautiful sites and meet the most interesting people- whether that is discussing the issues of gentrification with a Barbadian surfer or reading poetry with a 62 year old Exeter-based taxi driver.
- Nevertheless, I also love company. I have the world’s best boyfriend, the most amazing group of friends and a caring, tight-knit family of strong powerful women. Don’t underestimate the power of relationships.
- Not knowing things frustrates me. However, as much as I want to know everything in the whole world, I decided that is slightly too far fetched… Instead, I dabble in various books, fiction and non-fiction and hope to learn a couple of languages in my time on earth.
- If you haven’t already- read Small Island, The Help, Noughts and Crosses, Humans and Influence: The psychology of persuasion- please?
It is an amalgamation of these things that provoked me to set up this travel and poetry blog. Having travelled few places in the world I hope you can join me on my adventures as I see new places and write new poetry!